In our first group meeting in Vienna we defined the following as our goals for the near future, starting with out overall goal, looking at more specific aims behind that goal and describing our tools, we want to use for reaching that goal:
“Help SCI People realize that a pacifist world is possible”
- We want SCI vols to love facing and transforming conflicts
- Knowing about history of pacifism and current application of non-violence in conflict areas
- Make people believe “a world without army” is possible
- To promote local and global awareness on causes and roots of war (structural violence, HR – Violations, racism, discrimination, economic exploitation, unfair distribution of material resources, climate change, …)
- Focus on victims and effects of wars
- Revive non-violent anti-militaristic activism within and out of SCI
- More involvement in conflict areas and of volunteers from conflict areas
- Develop long term concrete educational materials and practical actions (such as non-violence, conflict resolution, …) = global & local level
- Communication to volunteers
One particular tool we created, is the no-more-war toolkit, focusing on how to create workshops dealing with Nonviolence, SCI and its history of working against violent conflicts, etc. .
You can find the current version on the materials page.